Sunday, January 2, 2011

Trio of leathers, and Schoulers, and Wangs..





Trio of leathers


Two (or should I say three... cubed) of my current favourites. Shoes from Alexander Wang's resort 2011 collection: Noemi, Freja (an update of the original) and Kasia. And not forgetting the one and only pocket tee, which will always be a perennial favourite. Then we have the clutch version of the famed PS1 messenger bag by Proenza Schouler, fondly (and appropriately) coined 'the pouchette'. What I love most about these accessories however, apart from the bleeding obvious, is they seem to go with... everything. That's right, even more leather, in the way of an Acne a-line, 3.1 Phillip Lims or a Catherine Malandrino mini. And my soon-to-be delivered Michael Kors chronograph watch and (hopefully!!!) Jordan Askill heart ring don't look out of place either.

Let's be honest, these outfits aren't anything special, and they don't try too hard to be fashion-y... which is exactly why I love them. Clean, simple and minimal. Just the way I like my dressing. And proof that an overdose of leather can be done in an Australian summer. Need further convincing? Enter Christine Centenera, to the rescue once again- this time in Paris, Celine, and her new favourite Alaias. Oh yeah, and lots of leather.


via Stockholm Street Style

1 comment: