Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Beginnings





And so starts another year. Making some grandiose resolution to change my life isn't really me, so I guess my resolve will quite simply be to work hard. And always keep laughing. If my dad saw this he would probably correct my word choice and go for something like "cackling", which is a rather more accurate description of what I do these days anyway. Moving on (quite literally, in fact), this year holds a lot of changes for me. It is the first of 16 consecutive years that I will no longer be a student. I am moving out of home for the very first time and heading to the big smoke (coming from Adelaide, it most definitely is!) of Sydney, to get some reeeeal experience in "my chosen career field." While I won't quite be scaling the top of the Opera House in YSL tribtoos like Miss Imbruglia (I'd much rather do so in Wangs), I will hopefully be involved with something related to this shot. Cue end of jumbled hinting. 

 With no job, no house and only the faint promise of an internship behind me... 2011 is shaping up to be the year of the unknown. And bring it on, I say. 
Happy new year all. X



Natalie Imbruglia by Chris Searle for Harper's Bazaar via SMH

1 comment:

  1. wowwww you're moving to sydney!! we have to meet up when you get here. Good luck with finding an internship, it can be really disheartening at first (I should know, I've had more rejections that I can count), but keep at it, and you will be pleasantly surprised, I'm sure!

    X

    ReplyDelete