Saturday, August 28, 2010

Couture by Night


I wasn't going to blog today, I swear. I was going to be a good girl and finish all my assignments. But then, just as I was almost done with my quick fix of editorial for the day, I found this. I've always said to myself that someday I would start an inspiration wall of sorts, someplace to hang all the stories, snapshots, styles and supers that have been saved and stored over the years, but have never found that one really great image to propel me to do so. Until now. Natasha Poly and Baptiste Giabiconi, lensed by Karl Lagerfeld (who else?) for Numéro #116. Featured in the editorial Couture by Night, I love every single element of this shot.

I love the two street lamps in the background; the way they cast a mellow shadow over the provincial apartments whilst providing a scene for these wandering lovers of the night. I love the ease with which Baptiste is holding Natasha, like she is nothing more than her own dainty champagne flute. I love the black and white of the photography, and how it is deliberately mirrored through their matching couture. I love the way Natasha's toes are pointed down, like a ballerina; aware but effortless in her positioning at all times. I love his strong, and her soft - but both smouldering - stares. I love it, I love it all.  




via FGR

No comments:

Post a Comment