Saturday, March 20, 2010

In The Red?

Maison Martin Margiela


Dolce & Gabbana



I'm feeling a bit blue today (couldn't resist!) so I thought I'd have a look through some of the red pieces from the AW 10/11 shows. I think I'm too obsessed with neutrals and, more recently, everything military, to embrace red- no matter how momentarily appealing it seems!

I know the Dsquared2 show was labelled tacky by most, but since when have those Caten boys ever presented a cookie-cutter collection? Flicking through the looks, the word "domanatrix" sprung to mind- especially upon the final emergence of Carmen Kass in that spangled, sparing, thigh-baring dress. Anyway- back to red. Below is one of quite a few looks featuring red thigh-high (p)leather. Doubt I'll be seeing this on the streets of Adelaide anytime soon- so best get my fix now!




Loyals of the hue didn't fail to disappoint- Valentino, Oscar de la Renta, Stella McCartney and Tommy Hilfiger all featured (or at least included) the shade in their collections at some point. Where on some runways the colour was either made a feature or stood out as showpieces, we did see some great ways to wear red in keeping with the current seasonal tones. Of particular mention- French designer Isabel Marant with her fifties style three-quarter pants, trés cute.



For the Red Carpet: Valentino


My favourite red of the whole A/W season at Tommy Hilfiger (AND, it's wearable!)


Red tapered pants at Isabel Marant



And for those who don't want to go red all-out, Lanvin (pictured) and Gianfranco Ferré have the answers- and it's all in the shoes.





Photos: Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment