Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Nude red


Back to basics. Almost. I love this almost unexpected take on the continuing nude trend- pairing it with red. Red, especially in the lovely coral shade as seen on Frida and Jac at No. 21 by Alessandro Dell'Acqua breathes a life of fresh air into the continuing nude obsession. The delightful pairing instantly transforms those nude pieces that for the winter were more suitably paired with charcoals, khakis and camels and gives it a summer twist. I first noticed this pairing at Valentino AW 2010 (Lagerfeld ahead of the game, again? It cannot be) where the trademark red ruffles were interspersed with the sheerest of nudes, making for a softer, more subtle take on the siren shade. Trust Miss Olsen to already have jumped on the bandwagon; she paired her couture Christain Lacroix gown with a red furry jacket for the 2010 ELLE Style Awards back in February. Not to sure how to mix the two shades into an outfit on their own? Make like Abbey Lee and add a simple slick of coral lipstick to brighten up the beige backdrop- and newly bleached blonde hair. on a side note- also loving her Australian-designed Willow jacket. 






via: alltheprettybirds, Hanneli, Style.com, tFS, zimbio

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a beautiful shade of red like that for a while but no luck yet. I think I need to visit my local Sephora soon because I'm in love that shade of lipstick Abbey is wearing! xoxoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lucky you have Sephora! I think there's one quite similar in Tom Ford's new range X

    ReplyDelete