Wednesday, April 27, 2011

d'Orsay







I am sightly obsessed with this shape of shoe. While I don't usully gravitate towards a stiletto heel, there is just something so timeless - not to mention incredibly sexy - about the exposed arch and cutaway sides of this style. We were trying so hard at work today to figure out what the style is called, and, as usual, I couldn't sleep until I had my answer. The d'Orsay. Yes, like the Parisian museum. The Frenchness of the name seems quite fitting I think when you consider the sex appeal that the sharp heel, pointed toe and sleek cutaway ooze. And they are definitely a shape that is timeless and loved by all - men included (unlike, say, harem pants). Although I am definitely going through a head-over-heels (sorry) obsession with wedges, I know that I will never be able to pass up the perfect d'Orsay. 
Swedish blogger Elin Kling is proof (if any is even needed) that d'Orsays add instant chic to any pairing - ripped blues included. I could keep my wedge obsession intact with the Olsen's interpretation of the shape for their label Elizabeth and James - the perfect combination of my two favourite types of shoes. But, I really would love nothing more than to get my hands (feet, rather) on a pair of the patent heels from Stella McCartney's A/W 2010 collection. For now though, I'll settle with the black suede pair I spied in Zara. Oh, the joys of our Sydney store! 

No comments:

Post a Comment